Until recently most backup drives, USB hard drives, used standard desktop (3.5 inch) or notebook (2.5 inch) hard drives in a case with an adapter board. Most non drop related problems occur with the USB adapter and you once could disassemble the unit, and hook it up to a computer to retrieve your data. You could also place the drive, if good, into another generic external case to continue using it as a back up drive. Western Digital now makes the My Passport hard drive with a card that has only a USB connection as seen in the attached photo. The only way to get data from a dead USB drive of this kind is through a data recovery center such as Seagate or Ontrack. Our advice, don't pay Western Digital to retrieve your data. or better yet avoid them all together.
1 user online | 1 Guest and 0 Registered
- The requested lookup key was not found in any ... (7010 views)
- You cannot delete a file or a folder on ... (6124 views)
- How can I solve the code purple eror for ... (5112 views)
- You get prompted for installation source on Globalroot device ... (4164 views)
- Element not found" when attempting to add a Search ... (3919 views)
- My internet stopped working after installing IE 7 or ... (3711 views)
- How to clean up the dot net installations (3146 views)
- How do I fix spell checking in Outlook Express ... (3037 views)
- How do I Show Hidden Files and Folders (2813 views)
- How do you restore the Recycle Bin onto the ... (2771 views)
- xTuple installer file not found /tmp/postgresql-9.1.2-1-linux-x64.run (2013-04-04 09:05)
- How do I install a .run file in linux ... (2013-04-04 09:04)
- You cannot delete a file or a folder on ... (2012-03-16 23:24)
- How can I change the current theme in XP ... (2012-03-16 23:10)
- BDE is currently running (2012-01-10 03:10)
- What's the difference between memory and a hard drive?
- Should I leave my computer on all the time?
- Chkdsk runs at every boot
- My internet stopped working after installing IE 7 or IE8
- You cannot delete a file or a folder on an NTFS file system volume
You cannot comment on this entry